Saturday, January 01, 2011

     I had a great New Year's Eve.  I spent it with great friends and had one of the best New Years Eves Ever!  Now I'm ready to focus on the new year, which I'm really excited about.  I have such a great starting off point since I was able to get so much Illustration work done at the end of 2010.  And just as everyone else is doing right now, I'm thinking about what I want this new year to be.  One of the first things I though about was what my word for 2011 is going to be.  It actually came to me pretty quickly and I feel very confident about it.  My word is ..... "FEARLESS".  This word embodies everything that I want and need this year to be for me.  I want to live my life with no regrets.  I want to loosen up a bit, unwind myself and allow myself to just be me.
     I also felt that I needed to make my lists today (my 11 lists).  I felt that it was important to do these on the very first day of this year  - and not procrastinate.  So here they are....

11 things I am thankful for in my life right now .....

1.  That I have art and creativity in my life.
2.  That I have an amazing husband that is still as motivated, passionate and driven as he was when I met him, and is a huge support for me.
3.  That I have such amazing friends and family, who continue to encourage me.
4.  That both my husband and I have jobs
5.  That I live in California!!
6.  That we were able to get this apartment and live in an amazing town where there is so much for us to do and enjoy (especially since I don't have a car)
7.  That I've had the opportunity to see so many new places
8.  That I'm able to go to Disneyland all the time with my husband and friends :)
9.  That my husband and I have good health
10. That I don't have kids yet and can still enjoy sleeping in and being lazy on the weekends  :)
11.  That I have a Starbucks a block away from my place.  (something I've always dreamed of - lol)


11 things that I want to do in 2011 .....


1.  To start getting illustration work
2.  To get in shape and feel comfortable in my body again
3.  To make Yoga a routine
4.  To loosen up and let myself show through my art
5.  To go to the Farmer's Market more often
6.  To have more fun with my clothes again - maybe go Thrifting again.
7.  To sketch more often
8.  To hike more
9.  To try more new foods
10. Take more photographs
11. To be FEARLESS

I'd love to know what other people would like to do in this upcoming year.  Feel free to share.
I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve and that 2011 is everything that you want it to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are already on a roll this year! Way to go! Keep it up! When I read that you had a word for the year, it made me wonder what my word would be. I guess I would have to say determined. I don't think I could come up with 11 goals that I have for the year, but that's ok because the few that I can come up with will be hard enough to tackle! Since you asked, I thought I would share them with you! :)

1. Take care of my health problems by seeing the proper doctors.
2. Eat better and practice better portion control.
3. Exercise on a regular basis.
4. Get to bed earlier at night.
5. Do more cakes for profit.
6. Have the garage sale I have been meaning to do for the past few years.
7. Be pregnant with #3 by the end of the year! :)

Yup that's my year right there! I need to take the bull by the horns and make my way into the world of success! Good luck to you and Ken and I hope you both find at least a little of what you are looking for! You never know what the year may bring...