Wednesday, March 16, 2011

    I finally did something for Illustration Friday.  I got the sketch done and have been wanting to do some pen and ink, but once again I'm afraid I won't get this completed in time.  I figured I had better just submit what I have done.  At least it's one step closer  than I've gotten in a long time.  Maybe this weekend I can actually complete a piece.  But for now, here is my drawing for "Stir"...


here are the sketches I began with.  I'm just at a loss as to what kind of environment to place
my subject in.






    I've been doing a few things lately.  Still slowly working on my whale painting and doing some sketching.  I went out on Sunday with my husband to spend some time outside enjoying the beautiful weather and decided to bring my sketchbook along.  I thought it was finally time to attempt some life drawing again, it's been too long and something I've been thinking about doing for a while.  After sketching for only about 15 minutes I realized just how long it's been and felt completely frustrated.  I had no attention span for it and became so aggravated that it was so difficult and no one would stay still long enough.  My sketches were horrible and I only lasted about 5 more minutes after that.  I seriously need to get back in the habit of this again.  I hope the next attempt will be a little better.



here's my sad attempt .....





I thought that I should also add some other sketches since I was already scanning stuff.


feeling like it's been a little forced lately, but I really have to put more effort in, no matter how tired I am after work :(
But on a lighter note, I did have a great time outside on Sunday, and my husband took some really great pictures at the Americana - where we like to hang out.  Now that it's getting so nice out I hope to start spending more time there.  I'll leave you with these pictures - and I hope you all have a wonderful week.





6 comments:

Sae Lin said...

I love your scketches. This litle girls are beautifull!!

Anonymous said...

Love your pic for IF!

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...

love your IF piece. Keep up the sketching they look great.

Irene said...

I think your attempts are great. I often feel that frustration too but we all know it's about the practice. Keep it up.

ruth said...

Very nice sketches. I really like your style!

tricky said...

this is great work!
lovely IF post
and I love your park illustrations, especially the tree