Thursday, March 17, 2011

     updating my painting progress.  looking at these pictures on the computer gives me an entirely different view and I'm realizing some things that I really need to fix.  I'm still concerned with overworking it, especially the water.  but now that i've worked on the water a bit I realize that it's too light.  I have to decide if the water or the what is going to be light - and I really think the whale should be since it's the focal point.  I may have to work some stuff out in photoshop before I go any further.  I'm also realizing that while I wanted a rich deep background, I may have lost some of the warmth.  I may need to bring some of the yellow up - but keeping in mind that I still have to add the trees and boat.  so, we will see.  I want to try and get this completed this weekend.  That may be a bit ambitious, but it's worth a try.




No comments: