Sunday, May 09, 2010

     Finally got done going through my sketchbooks and scanning stuff.  This was a much longer process than I had anticipated, but well worth the time.  I had a chance to really look at everything and see that there is cohesiveness that I thought was lacking for all these years.  I feel like I'm finally on the right track.  I still feel like I need to keep fixing and changing things - but I have to just take what I have a go with it.  I have to realize that I will continue to grow and get better and will always look at previous work and see all the things that I would do differently now - but I can't dwell on that.  It's time to take an idea and run with it.  I feel really good about what I'm going to work on this month.  Here are the drawings that I will be working from .....





Some are spot illustrations and some are more complete, full page illustrations.  I've been trying to come up with more full page drawings that have a character within an environment - that it is actually telling a a story, rather than some of the spot illustrations that are just about the character.

No comments: