Sunday, May 09, 2010

this is a picture from a children's book that I worked on in college and decided to try a new take on it.  To use the same idea but try to have a little more fun with it.  Here is the completed piece that I did for my class (done in colored pencil) ....








and here is the new drawing that I'm currently working on for my portfolio .....

I know some people will like the first image better, but to be honest I never felt like I was truley expressing myself.  I felt like I was doing what I thought I "should" do, or what I thought my teachers were looking for.  I  don't really enjoy working so realistically, I'm trying to bring a little more fun into my work.  I will keep heading in that direction and I look forward to where it will take me over the years.  It will be interesting to see the evolution of it all.    Well, before this gets too long, I hope you all enjoy and I'm excited to share my progress with you throughout the month.

No comments: